Salisbury University’s B.F.A. in Art, Graphic Design track is rooted in fine arts with a concentration in digital design. Students will take courses in web design, user-experience design, package design, branding, illustration and more.
The program also offers a great deal of opportunities for our students to gain practical experience within the field of graphic design.
Students enrolled in the program will:
- Be given the opportunity to learn from leading industry professionals and guest speakers
- Be a member of the SU Graphic Design Agency, where they will learn professional practices and engage in client-based projects and civic engagement
- Complete a semester-long internship with a design agency or marketing firm, so that they can truly experience the design profession
- Participate in our capstone senior portfolio event to display their work to peers and professionals alike
The aforementioned practical experiences allow our students to not only learn about graphic design as a profession, but also be able to move into the workforce with confidence. Upon program completion, our graduates can gain employment as creative directors, brand strategists, user-experience designers and web designers just to name a few.
- Overall GPA of 2.0 or higher
- A strong background in the arts is required for program entry. Some of these requirements are as follows: art history, drawing, 2D design principles, graphic design, and photography, etc. Substitutions may be available if you have not completed certain requirements.
- Portfolio submission is required, but it will not be used for the purposes of admission. We will only use your portfolio for future assessment of your work at Salisbury University.
Two-Year Course Sequence
USG - Year 1 / Fall Semester
USG - Year 1 / Spring Semester
USG - Year 2 / Fall Semester
USG - Year 2 / Spring Semester