Signage guidelines apply to temporary interior signage on the USG campus for internal staff and academic programs. These guidelines do not apply to any department-managed kiosks or bulletin boards nor does it apply to signage managed by Conference & Event Services. Please help USG promote a unified and attractive campus while minimizing the need for maintenance and repair of our buildings.
- Temporary directional signage is permitted for room changes or cancellations for academic classes, academic events, and internal staff meetings and events. Sign templates are provided below for this use.
- Signs must be secured using painter's tape and placed on the glass windows of doors.
- Please remove signs within 24 – 48 hours following the event.
If additional directional signage is needed, easels may be placed directly outside the event space with a poster provided by the department/program. Easels cannot block hallways and other thoroughfares on campus. Please remove all easels directly following the event.
- No surface-damaging adhesives (e.g. duct tape, scotch tape) or surface-penetrating fasteners are to be used to display temporary signs of any kind.
- No directional or advertising signage is permitted on the wood portion of doors or door frames.
- Directional signage should not be placed on hallway walls (including wheat board), kiosks, interior classroom walls or windows, or on existing room event schedules outside each classroom.
- No signage is permitted on entry doors to buildings or by or inside the elevators.
- To advertise on the bulletin boards, signs must first be submitted to Student & Academic Services for approval. Please call 301-738-6023 for further information.
Academic Scheduling, Administration & Financial Services, and Auxiliary Services reserves the right to remove signage on USG property that does not follow the above guidelines.