Join the conversation and help us as we shape our roadmap for the future. Your insights on these strategic discussion topics will be invaluable to us as part of the strategic planning process for USG.
Workshop #2: Innovation
This workshop will feature three special guests:
Dr. Christopher Austin, Former Director of the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences, NIH, and Former Vice Chair of the USG Board of Advisors, will share his "Mission Moment" and outlook on the USG Strategic Plan. Dr. Austin is now the CEO-Partner of Flagship Pioneering in Cambridge Massachusetts.
MJ Bishop, Associate Vice Chancellor and Director of the University System of Maryland's William E. Kirwan Center for Academic Innovation and Rick Staisloff, Senior Partner of the rpk GROUP, who will both lead the innovation workshop.
Workshop #3: Data and USG
This workshop will challenge how you think about and use data, and will encourage you to embrace it as a way to drive USG forward as a leader for innovation and change. The following special guests will join us for this exciting topic:
- Ebonie Gadson, Associate Systems Engineer at Lumen Technologies and graduate from the University of Maryland, College Park Information Science program at USG, who will share her "Mission Moment."
- Tiffany Hosey, Founder & CEO of BuilDATAnayltics, Inc.
- Brian Goode, Lead Gaming & Simulation Engineer at Mitre Corporation
- John Fritz, Associate Vice President at Instructional Technology, and Affiliate Assistant Professor of Computer Science/Electrical Engineering at UMBC
- Gayle Fink, Assistant Vice President for Institutional Effectiveness, Office of Planning, Analysis, and Accountability at Bowie State University
Workshop #4: Pathways: K-J
August 20, 12:00-2:00pm
Workshop #5: USG's Fiscal Model
August 27, 12:00-2:00pm